Syllabus for Rashtrapathi (Rover)
1. The Rashtrapathi Rover Award is a unique distinction in the Movement for it alone carries with it a certificate containing a message from the President of the Indian Union.
2. As a Rajya Puraskar Rover, he will work at least for one year to qualify for the Rashtrapathi Rover Award.
3. A Rover is not eligible to Â for Rashtrapathi Rover Award on completion of 25 years of age.
4 . The Warranted Rover Leader irrespective of his training qualifications shall inform the NHQ through proper channel on a prescribed registration form available at state Headquarters/BSG Website that Rajya Puraskar Rover is preparing for Rashtrapathi Rover Scout Leader can also recommend.
5. A Rover Scout Leader will recommend only up to 25% Rovers of the total Census of the unit Â (not exceeding 24) for Rashtrapathi Rover Award in a year. Special Cases could be recommended by the District Chief Commissioner and State Chief Commissioner subject to maximum of 50% in a year.
6. Rajya Puraskar Rover, who has already fulfilled all required conditions, will have to be tested at State Level and certified by the State Organising Commissioner concerned before coming for Rashtrapathi Rover Award Testing Camp organised by the National Association under the supervision of the concerned Assistant Director.
7. At the time of Rashtrapathi Award Testing Camp a Rover will produce his individual progress card.
To qualify for the Rashtrapathi Rover Award a Rajya Puraskar Rover must complete the following:
Tests for Rashtrapathi Rover Award:
* Choose any one of the following and discuss in the Crew Council and submit a report based on statistics and data collected for approval:
a) Any subject on Current World Affairs.
b) Any two Regions of World Organisation of Scout Movements (WOSM)
c) National Affairs ie, Our Government National Development plans and schemes/National Education Policy/Service Organisations/Cooperatives etc.
* Undertake a Community Development Project on Health or Food Production or Environment or Sanitation or a project suited to the particular area with the approval of Crew Council for at least three months with the crew and submit a report to the Crew Council.
* Render service at least for five days in a camp at District / State / National level.
* Participate in Community Service Project for not less than thirty hours spread over a period of at least Two months and should work once in a week.
* Twenty four hour Survival Hike: Stay in an open place with another Rover OR participate in a cross country overnight Adventure Hike OR participate in any International Event out of India OR International Adventure Programme.
* Develop Internet Friendship with at least twenty members of the movement of other states as well as other countries OR Be a member of Messenger of Peace and upload at least five projects on the MOP website OR Establish a Geet Manch through crew And sing songs from publications of BSG such as Geet Bharti ,Â
Swarm Swar Lehri, Patriotic Songs,Songs Promoting Secularism and National Integration etc at public places in a public places in a village/town/city for ensuring visibility of the movement.
Qualify for the following Proficiency Badges:
(1) Disaster managementÂ
(2) Any one of the following Rover Proficiency Badges not earned earlier:
(b) AIDS AwarenessÂ
(c) Soil ConservationÂ
(d) Family Life EducationÂ
(e) Blood Donor.