Wood Craft Signs
- The trail should be one which an observant scout can follow easily, but which an ordinary person would not even see!
- Make the signs on the right hand side of any track you may be following.
- The signs should be close to the ground or at least no higher than the knee.
- They should be regularly spaced.
- If more than one person is to follow a trail, the earlier ones must not spoil the trail for the others.
- The last person should destroy the signs when he has finished.
- The signs need not be large – about as big as your hand.
- Make sure your signs can be recognised as manmade. It is surprising how often twigs lying naturally on the ground look like an arrow.
EBook – Wood Craft Signs